Area 53 General Service Policy for the Area’s Web Site
Published by the Area 53 Committee on December 14, 2014
The purpose of the Web site is:
- To serve the membership of Area 53 in central and southeast Ohio, and the fellowship of Alcoholics Anonymous as a whole.
- To serve as a resource for Area 53 AA member groups, those seeking help from AA, professionals working with alcoholics, the media, and the public at large.
- To provide accurate and consistent information about Area 53 General Service.
- To provide information about services coordinated by Area 53 General Service.
- To encourage participation of AA member groups and committees in Area 53 services and activities.
- Oversight of the Web site will be the responsibility of the Area 53 Committee and in accordance with the Twelve Traditions of Alcoholics Anonymous.
- The Area 53 Committee will provide regular reports regarding Web site activity to the Area 53 Assembly.
- The Web site will make use of existing AA materials whenever practical.
- The Web site will provide contact information to other AA activities by listing and linking to
existing Web sites whenever practical.
- The Web site will provide contact information by including a list of Intergroups and Central Offices in central and southeast Ohio and including Web site and email links where applicable.
- The Web site will include selected archives information and material.
- The Web site will welcome users to make suggestions about the Web site design and content.
- This Policy will be reviewed annually by the Area 53 Committee.