Area 53 General Service Policy for the Area’s Website
Published by the Area 53 Committee on December 14, 2014
The purpose of the Area 53 Website
- To serve the membership of Area 53 in central and southeast Ohio, and the fellowship of Alcoholics Anonymous as a whole.
- To serve as a resource for Area 53 AA member groups, those seeking help from AA, professionals working with alcoholics, the media, and the public at large.
- To provide accurate and consistent information about Area 53 General Service.
- To provide information about services coordinated by Area 53 General Service.
- To encourage participation of AA member groups and committees in Area 53 services and activities.
- Oversight of the website will be the responsibility of the elected Web Administrator and Communications Officer and in accordance with the Twelve Traditions of Alcoholics Anonymous. The elected officer will provide regular reports regarding website activity to the Area 53 Assembly.
- The website will make use of existing AA materials whenever practical.
- The website will provide contact information to other AA activities by listing and linking to
existing Web sites whenever practical.
- The website will provide contact information by including a list of Intergroups and Central Offices in central and southeast Ohio and including Web site and email links where applicable.
- The website will include selected archives information and material.
- The website will welcome users to make suggestions about the design and content.