This is a reminder that the Grapevine Committee is back to meeting monthly on the 2nd Saturday of each month. If your group has a Grapevine Representative, please encourage them to attend. Our next meeting date is Saturday, October 14 from noon to 1pm in the COGF Meeting Room, 645 W Broad St, Columbus, OH 43215
This is a reminder that the Grapevine Committee is back to meeting monthly on the 2nd Saturday of each month. If your group has a Grapevine Representative, please encourage them to attend. Our next meeting date is Saturday, September 9 from noon to 1:00 pm in the COGF Meeting Room, 645 W Broad St, Columbus, …
Here are highlights reported by Area 53 committees at the December assembly:
Correctional Facilities Committee – Paul H.
- On line requests for literature now work with any browser or email (www.area53cfc.org).
- We still need a Recording Secretary for Panel 67.
- Liz M. will stay on as alternate chairperson until a replacement is found.
- If you attended the DRC volunteer workshop in September, call the volunteer coordinator at the institution that you applied for to see if your application was approved.
- The first ever national corrections conference will be held in St. Louis November 10-12, 2017.
- The annual CFC workshop will be held on April 22nd or 29th at Maple Grove Church.
- $8500 was approved for literature purchases for the next quarter.
Grapevine Committee – Larry B.
- Beginning in July of 2016 we began holding our meetings on a quarterly basis. Meetings are still on the second Saturday in Jan., Apr., July, and Oct.
- The attendance averages between 3 to 6.
- The treasury stands at $284.95
- As I have held the chairman position for two years, it is my sincere hope that someone with greater leadership skills will be willing to take the reins of the Grapevine committee come January 2017. I suggest this in the interest of the Spirit of Rotation.
Mini-Conference – Stephen S.
- Registration is now open for the Mini-Conference at Salt Fork State Lodge on March 10-12, 2017. On-line registration is also available at area53aa.org
- Registration is $23. Scholarships will be available. A meal plan is available that includes dinner on Friday and Saturday and lunch on Saturday and Sunday. Prices are on the registration form. Alternatively, our Hospitality Room will be open for all meals at no cost.
- There is a phone number on the Registration Form to call for room reservations before February 9. Lodge rooms are $95. On the registration form, there is a check box if you want to consider sharing your room as a way of saving money. Another cost saving alternative is to rent a cabin that sleeps up to six for $141. The cabins have a full kitchen.
- There will be workshops on Friday afternoon from 4 to 5.
- The Area 53 Special Needs/Accessibility Committee has offered to provide child care while the meetings are in session. The Mini-Conference Committee is working with them to see if it is feasible.
- The Committee meets on the first Monday of the month in Gahanna. We also will need volunteers to help us at the Mini-Conference itself. If you are interested in this service opportunity, see one of the Committee members. Please raise you hand committee members.
The monthly meeting of the Grapevine Committee was held on Dec. 12th at 12 noon. In attendance were Rick K., Treasurer, James B., Secretary, and Larry B., Chairperson. The treasurer reported an amount of $284.95. The Secretary read the minutes of the last meeting. Old Business was to inform the GV reps. of the monthly …