Last Updated on April 4, 2022 by Technical Advisor
Download and share this letter: Call for Stories from Deborah K at GSO – March 30 2022
March 30, 2022
To: All General Service Conference Members
From: Deborah K., Chair, Trustees’ Literature Committee
Re: Call for stories – “A.A. for the Black and African-American Alcoholic” pamphlet
Deadline: October 31, 2022,
The trustees’ Literature Committee has opened a call for recovery stories in response to the 2021 General Service Conference advisory action regarding the pamphlet “A.A. for the Black and African American Alcoholic,” stating that the pamphlet be updated to include current stories of recovery and a new title that is respectful and inclusive.
The committee is seeking stories of recovery from all African American, Canadian, Caribbean A.A. members from the English, French and Spanish-speaking Black communities in the A.A. structure in the United States and Canada.
Stories of recovery may also include:
• Experience, Strength, and Hope
• Steps, Traditions, Concepts
• Ethnic, cultural, gender and LGBTQ diversity
• Diversity of social status
• A.A. Service
• Safety & Racism
• Black Mental Health and Diverse Abilities
• BIPOC A.A. meetings
The suggested format for typed manuscripts is 500-800 words, double spaced, in 12-point font. Handwritten manuscripts should be approximately 5 to 6 pages.
Please include your complete name, address, and email/phone information on the first page of your manuscript. A copy of your manuscript should be retained for your files. The anonymity of all authors will be observed whether their story is selected for publication or not.
Instructions for submitting your manuscript:
- Deadline: Please submit on or before October 31, 2022.
- Subject Line: A.A. for the Black and African American Alcoholic
- Postal Mail: Attn. Literature Assignment, General Service Office, Box 459, Grand Central Station, New York, NY 10163
- On the envelope: The word “Pamphlet” should be written on the envelope and at the top of the first page of the manuscript.
Thank you for your participation in the process!