The purpose of GSR School is to help new GSRs become comfortable and effective in service to their home group. The current version of Area 53 GSR School was developed by the Group Services Committee in the spring of 2007. The first workshop was held in July 2007 at the “RAC Building” on Old Leonard Avenue in Columbus. In 2007-08, approximately 14 workshops were held around Area 53, as well as at the 2009 Area 53 Mini-Conference and Ohio State A.A. Convention.
GSR School is typically hosted by a district, which provides the location, refreshments, food and setup. Area 53 Group Services is responsible for providing workshop materials and facilitator. If your district is interested in hosting an Area 53 GSR School, send an email to groupservices[at]area53aa[dot]org.
Download GSR School Workbooks (PDF format)
GSR School Workbook Jul 2014
1. Page 5 updated with newest Group Change Form (July 2017)
2. Page 9 updated with current Area assembly quarterly meetings (July 2017)
Click on these links to view the online versions of the workbook.
- Purpose and Materials
- Group Record Keeping
- Where is My Area? My District?
- The AA Group … Where it all Begins
- Suggestions for GSRs
- What is an Informed Group Conscience?
- Brief Parliamentary Guide
- Brief Glossary
- When are My Meetings?
- My Plan of Action
- Things to get your hands on
- People to meet as soon as possible
- Meetings to attend in the next 3 months
- Websites to visit
- Questions you want to get answered
- What you plan to share at your next home group meeting