Meeting ID: 614 740 5369
Dial-in number: (929) 205-6099
Dial-in password: 739954
Area 53 is going to host four three-hour Pre-Conference Zoom Sharing Sessions to allow all Area 53 A.A.s an opportunity to voice their views on some of the General Service Conference Agenda Items of general interest. The Zoom Meeting ID and Password (above) will be the same for all four sessions. The sessions will be held on a Saturday or Sunday from 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM.
For background information on all topics CLICK HERE
Saturday April 25, 2020 | 11am – 2pm
“Group Activities/General Literature” Topics
- Requests to revise three pamphlets (“Self-Support,” “The A.A. Group,” “Questions and Answers on Sponsorship”) and two requests to revise Living Sober.
- Requests to develop new books: (1) a history of A.A. since 1955 and (2) new Grapevine anthologies.
- A discussion of the role of, need for, and alternatives to printed A.A. Directories (Canada, Eastern U.S. and Western U.S.) in today’s digital environment.
Sunday April 26, 2020 | 11am – 2pm
“A.A. in the Digital Age” Topics
- Review/discuss the status of two mobile apps (the “Meeting Guide” and a possible podcast) and a plan to create video shorts based on A.A. pamphlets.
- Review/discuss A.A.W.S. & Grapevine social media accounts: YouTube, Instagram, & LinkedIn.
- Review the use of Google AdWords/Grants to increase A.A.’s Google search effectiveness.
Sunday May 3, 2020 | 11am – 2pm
“Our Foundational Literature” Topics
- Four proposals to supplement, revise, or replace the book Alcoholics Anonymous.
- Two proposals to revise the book Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions.
Saturday May 9, 2020 | 11am – 2pm
“Inclusive, Never Exclusive” Topics
- Requests to change the wording of the A.A. Preamble and to add LaViña to the name of the Grapevine Conference Committee.
- Requests to make two revisions to the pamphlet “Questions & Answers on Sponsorship.”
- Review/discuss revisions to two pamphlets: “A.A. for the Black and African-American Alcoholic” and “A.A. for the Older Alcoholic,” and a request to create a pamphlet for mental health professionals.