[mappress mapid=”3″ alignment=”right” height=200 width=200]Title: Area 53 Sep 2014 Assembly – ELECTIONS
Date / Time: Sept 14, 2014 – 9:30am registration
Location: Moose Family Center, 1201 Sugar Grove Road, Lancaster OH 43130
Description: The Area 53 Assembly is held at the Moose Family Center in Lancaster Ohio on the the second Sunday in Sep. Registration and fellowship starts at 9:30am and the assembly typically ends by 5pm. Here is the Area 53 Guideline information on elections:
Article XII – Election of Area Delegate, Alternate Delegate,
and Area Officers
1) At the September Area 53 Assembly Meeting of each even-numbered year, the Area Assembly will hold elections of the Area Delegate, Alternate Delegate, Chairperson, Alternate Chairperson, Registrar, Alternate Registrar, Secretary, Alternate Secretary, Treasurer, and Alternate Treasurer.
2) The term of service for these individuals will be for two years and will begin January 1 of the following year.
3) At the beginning of this even-numbered election year, the Chairperson will ask the immediate Past Delegate to chair an ad hoc nomination committee to identify, secure, and submit names of qualified nominees.
4) The election assembly will follow the general order of business as outlined on page S34 of The A.A. Service Manual with special emphasis on items 4, 5, and 6.
5) Pages S34, a Typical Election Assembly, and S20-21, Third legacy Procedure, are to be read to the Assembly prior to the beginning of the election.
6) All elections will be held using Third Legacy Procedure.
7) All members of the Area Assembly designated as voting members as described in Chapter III “Membership” shall have voting privileges.