December 5, 2015
Attending: Pam (Chairperson), Terri (Treasurer) and Stacie (Secretary)
Opening with Serenity Prayer
- Mishana of Reliable Interpreter Services was paid the bill of $55 that was from services rendered on June 19, 2015
- Motion was passed to enter into a Service Agreement of $270 for six months, which will be reviewed in June 2016, that will provide interpreter services on the 1st Sat. of each month at the Genesis Meeting, 3 p.m. meeting at Central Office. Volunteers provide this service the 2nd and 4th Saturdays. Thus, there will be a paid and consistent service provided that 1st Saturday of each month. The agreement allows for a charge of $45 per month for services rendered of less than 1.5 hours. Anything over that time allotment would be billed. This totals the amount of $270 for this service.
- Terri was provided with the funds for the committee. She is in process of putting together the Treasurer’s Report and will provide that as quickly as possible.
- The motion was made and passed that we keep a prudent reserve of $100.
- Carly and Ann (Committee members) will be gathering notes to convert into a pamphlet that will contain meeting/bus line information. That is projected for the January 2, 2016 meeting, which will be held at 2:30 p.m. at Central Office, prior to the first meeting of the paid interpreter service at the 3 p.m. Genesis Meeting held at Central Office. (Stacie cannot attend this meeting and Pam will act as Secretary for the Committee.)
- The next Area 53 meeting is Dec. 13th and Pam and Terri will attend representing Special Needs Committee. They will find out if any money has been turned into the P.O. Box of 2131, which was on the 25+ jugs that were circulated to various meetings in the Columbus area.
- Stacie was assigned the following task of contacting Patty at Central Office and updating the inside cover of meeting books to reflect Special Needs Committee contact number to be Pam’s for those seeking interpreter services, to update the meeting book that Oakland Park does not have interpreter services and that Genesis Meeting will have interpreter services the first Saturday of each month.
We closed with the Responsibility Statement